The official website for the forthcoming musical adaptation of Bisco Hatori's romantic comedy manga Ouran High School Host Club has posted a main visual to introduce its seven main cast members, including 27-year-old Yuka Yamauchi as the protagonist Haruhi Fujioka.
Yamauchi is best known as Anthy Himemiya in the Revolutionary Girl Utena musical in 2018-2019 and Naru Osaka in the Nogizaka46 edition Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon musical in 2018-2019. She wrote on her latest blog post after the announcement, "I was really happy when I was chosen to perform, and at the same time, I had a lot of tension, responsibility, and pressure. But there were also many things that I myself had seen and felt in the past, and many things that I thought were wonderful and learned when I read the manga again as an adult. So now, I am genuinely trying my best to deliver the goodness and charm of the work."
Musical Ouran High School Host Club is set to be performed at The Galaxy Theater in Tokyo from January 15 to 23, 2022, and at Mielparque Hall Osaka on January 29 and 30. After the advance sales from October 4 to November 30, general sales of the tickets will start at 12:00 p.m. on December 11 (JST).
Yuka Yamauchi as Haruhi Fujioka:
- Haruhi Fujioka: Yuka Yamauchi
- Tamaki Suoh: Junya Komatsu
- Kyoya Ohtori: Masamichi Satonaka
- Hikaru Hitachiin: Yu Futaba
- Kaoru Hitachiin: Kaname Futaba
- Mitsukuni Haninotsuka: Eito Konishi
- Takashi Harunozuka: Sho Kato
- Umehito Nekozawa: Shoichiro Oumi
- Renge Houshakuji: Mizuki Saito
- Takeshi Kuze: Yusuke Kashiwagi
- Ryoji "Ranka" Fujioka Ryouji: Kohei Houzuki
— 歌劇『桜蘭高校ホスト部』 (@ouran_m) September 22, 2021
©Bisco Hatori, HAKUSENSHA/"Musical Ouran High School Host Club" Production Committee