The official website for the musical adaptation of Fist of The North Star, the post-apocalyptic martial arts manga written by Bronson and illustrated by Tetsuo Hara, has posted a teaser visual for its fall 2022 performances.
The musical adaptation was first performed in Tokyo, Osaka, and Aichi from December 2021 to January 2022. It was highly praised as a spectacularly entertaining show, and was ranked #4 on the "Top Ten Musicals of 2021" in "Musicals" magazine selected by leading theater critics, which was the highest ranking for an original musical of the year. It was also acclaimed not only by critics, but also by fans of musicals and the original manga. Due to its great success, it has been decided that the show will be performed again in the fall of this year.
"Musical Fist of the North Star," co-produced by Japanese talent agency Horipro and Ranspace, a theater production company in Shanghai, China, is scheduled to be performed at Bunkamura Orchard Hall in Shibuya, Tokyo, from September 25 to 30, 2022, then at Fukuoka Canal City Theater from October 7 to 10. The first-come, first-served advance tickets for the Tokyo performances will be available to the Horipro Stage Premium Members (paid members) from July 13 at 11:00 (JST).
Fall 2022 performance main cast:
- Kenshiro: Yusuke Onuki
- Yuria: Ayaka Hirahara / May'n
- Toki: Ryosei Konishi
- Shin: Takuya Uehara / Kandai Ueda
- Rei: Ruosuke Miura
- Juuza: Kanata Irei / Kazuya Kamikawa
- Raoh: Shoichi Fukui / Masaru Nagai
- Ryuken: Hiroshi Miyakawa
- Mamiya: Miisha Shimizu
- Based on the manga "Fist of the North Star" (original story by Buronson, illustrations by Tetsuo Hara)
- Music: Frank Wildhorn
- Director: Sachiko Ishimaru
- Script and Lyrics: Ako Takahashi
- Choreography: Zhao Ming
- Cooperation: COAMIX
- Organized by: Horipro / Hakuhodo DY Media Partners / Ranspace
- Planning and production: Horipro
Digest of the original performance:
Source: Horipro press release
©HORIPRO Co.Ltd.All Rights Reserved.