The official YouTube channel for Netflix Anime Japan posted a 90-second full trailer for the forthcoming anime adaptation of Mami Tsumura's comedy manga Kotaro wa Hitori Gurashi / Kotaro Lives Alone today. The clip announces the anime's worldwide premiere date of March 10, 2022.
The manga has been serialized in Shogakuka's Big Comic Superior magazine since March 2015 and was previously adapted into a live-action TV drama adaptation in the spring of 2021. Its story begins when a 4-year-old child who calls himself Kotaro Sato moves in next door to Shin Karino, an unsuccessful manga artist. Kotaro says he has no parents and lives alone. While being annoyed by Kotaro, Karino begins to understand why Kotaro lives alone, then they gradually grow closer and grow together.
Tomoe Makino (Woodpecker Detective's Office) serves as director, alongside character designer Tomomi Kimura (TSUKIPRO THE ANIMATION chief animation director) and composition writer Yu Sato (Space Battleship Tiramisu). Liden Films works on anime production.
Main voice cast:
- Kotaro Sato: Rie Kugimiya (Kagura in Gintama)
- Shin Karino: Toshiki Masuda (Eijiro Kirishima in My Hero Academia)
- Mizuki Akimoto: Saori Hayami (Ayase Aragaki in Oreimo)
- Yu Tamaru: Junichi Suwabe (Keigo Atobe in The Prince of Tennis)
- Ayano Kobayashi: Yumiri Hanamori (Nadeshiko Kagamihara in Laid-Back Camp)
- Aota: Soma Saito (William James Moriarty in Moriarty the Patriot)
- Ryota: Kaito Ishikawa (Genos in One-Punch Man)
- Touko Futaba: Yuuka Morishima (Meru Shido in Kiratto Pri☆chan)
- Takuya: Minami Shinoda (Kyoko Machi in Interviews with Monster Girls)
- Tonosaman: Rie Kugimiya
— アニメ「コタローは1人暮らし」公式 (@kotaro1_anime) February 10, 2022
(c)2022 Mami Tsumura, Shogakukan/Kotaro wa Hitorigurashi Project