After a delay in November 2021 owing to last-minute issues affecting availability for its planned Holiday 2021 launch, Valve has confirmed a release date of February 25, 2022 for its Steam Deck portable console. The specifications are below:
- Storage: 64, 256, or 512GB options with microSD card slot
CPU: Custom AMD Zen 2 processor with integrated graphics (4 core/8 thread, 2.4-3.5GHz, up to 448 GFlops)
- Integrated GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops)
- 16 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 1280 x 800px (16:10 aspect ratio)
- 7" optically bonded LCD
- Bluetooth 5.0 (support for controllers, accessories and audio)
- Dual-band Wi-Fi radio, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 2 x 2 MIMO, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Built-in mic
- Optional dock with HDMI output, USB, and Ethernet ports
Valve has also clarified how console purchases will work:
- Invites will be sent to existing reservation holders shortly after 10:00 am on February 25th, PST
- Order emails are sent in the same order that initial reservations were made and are good for 3 days
- If order email purchase is not completed within 3 days, reservation is released to following person in queue
- First wave of purchases from order emails will be shipped on February 28th.
- You can only order the Steam Deck model that you originally reserved.
- Your reservation deposit will be applied to the final price of Steam Deck, and shipping costs are included.
- Order emails will be sent in weekly batches until all initial orders are filled.